- Currently a full-stack web developer with well over a decade of commercial experience.
- Originally from a design background.
- Immediately available circa 2019 for contract developer roles.
- Geographically either
- or in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Pragmatically providing guidance on project technology stack decisions and associated technical indebtedness.
- Creatively thinking up solutions that do only what's required and nothing more.
- Thoughtfully reasoning about the implications of edge-cases in your projects that have not yet been considered.
- Competently working with (in no particular order)
- (Modern) PHP
- ...Ostensibly to help create
- Web applications
- Desktop applications
- User interfaces
- Interactive graphical doohickeys
- Critically eyeing 'magical' silver-bullet out-of-box solutions. The truest thing about programming I've ever read: “In the beginning you always want Results. In the end all you want is control.” - Eskil Steenburg.
- Reasonably experienced with cross-platform native desktop software development, and interested in pursuing this further.
- Gradually starting to feel confident making realistic time estimates for projects (small ones, anyway).
- Literately reading as well as writing code
- Intimately familiar with practices and concepts such as
- Object Oriented Programming
- Data Orientated Programming
- Functional Programming
- Algorithmic complexity
- Unit testing
- Test driven development
- Concurrency and parallelism
- Intently following and researching topics like
- Web security and encryption
- Image processing, generative art
- GPU shader programming
- Rendering techniques
- Web front-end performance
- Software performance
- Electronics and microcontrollers
JustQuietly on the web at